One of many advantages of using raspberry pi are the size. Raspberry pi is computer pocket sized. We can build smart portable project with this tiny computer. Build small project then need small display too. That’s why small touch screen comes in handy. Now we will demonstrate how to setup our raspberry pi with 7″ touch screen display LCD.
Preparing your raspberry pi and LCD display equipment
First make sure you have got the display LCD and it’s part. LCD display we used is Raspberry pi 7″ display LCD element14 version. Here’s the part list :
- 7” Touchscreen Display
- Screen Dimensions: 194mm x 110mm x 20mm (including standoffs)
- Viewable screen size: 155mm x 86mm
- Screen Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- 10 finger capacitive touch
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board using a ribbon cable connected to the DSI port
- Adapter board is used to power the display and convert the parallel signals from the display to the serial (DSI) port on the Raspberry Pi
Assembling Raspberry pi with 7″ Touch Screen LCD
Connect the ribbon cable to LCD display, make sure not reversed.
Put the raspberry pi above the spacer and screw it
So, from all steps. You just need to connect ribbon cable, vcc and ground. Nothing more. This version of display is so simple. We doesn’t need HDMI.